OSRGaming

Author Topic: Board Suggestion  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Alex Karaczun

• Master of Reality
  • XP: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Fire Born Games | Forged in Fire, Fun as Hell
Board Suggestion
« on: January 29, 2016, 10:31:56 PM »
I'm sure you are probably still recreating boards, but it would be great to have a board specifically for advertising new products for the OSR community and/or Kickstarters.
Kalex
Dungeon Master Extraordinaire

My personal Blog:
Omens and Portents

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • XP: +9/-0
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
Re: Board Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 10:48:35 PM »
Great suggestion Kalex! I'll get right on it

Offline smblackmon

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 01:45:34 AM »
how about a board just for links to helpful D&D sites by edition

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 05:18:55 AM »
Can I have my BLUEHOLME™ forum back in the Community Creations area? Only this time written as BLUEHOLME™? :)

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 08:51:45 AM »
Vile, absolutely! Adding it in now.

Smblackmon, I think that can be done. Can you tell me what exactly you're looking for in a board like that? Do you think it should be a board for every edition, or just one board for people to post useful links. Or just a stickied topic in each edition with useful links?

Offline smblackmon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 08:56:37 AM »

Smblackmon, I think that can be done. Can you tell me what exactly you're looking for in a board like that? Do you think it should be a board for every edition, or just one board for people to post useful links. Or just a stickied topic in each edition with useful links?

Whatever is best for you. just a place to share sites for useful and helpful gaming tools

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 08:11:21 PM »
Can I have my BLUEHOLME™ forum back in the Community Creations area? Only this time written as BLUEHOLME™? :)
Much appreciated! :)

Offline DmRay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 10:09:40 PM »
Hey Dizzy
Could you please bring back the campaign worlds sections? Thanks
Ray
This is gonna hurt...a lot!

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 11:25:59 PM »
Done! I'll add the sub-boards as they're discussed :)

Offline Mojo

• XP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 02:36:39 PM »
Hey umm, if this is already a forum then just point me in the right direction, but what about a forum for Table Top RPG designers. A place were those wanting to get together to collaborate or get real feed back from players? There used to be one on here I thought, but I cannot find it anymore. The meds could be playing with my memory as they are want to do, and if that is the case I am sorry. But think it would be a good idea.

Also since I got you here, I have an idea to help the site generate money. A partnership of sorts. I also have a few ideas on how to possibly grow the active membership. If interested I will type out my proposal for partnership and share my ideas for growth in a word doc.

I would recommend an e-mail account either yahoo or g-mail or something like that be set up in the name of this site to be used to easily share this type of information. This way the admins don't have to worry about having their personal e-mails floating around.

Dizzy I know you are as busy as a long tailed cat in a rocking chair store, but if you want to get the Admins in on it and see what they have to say then just set up the e-mail address I spoke of earlier, and drop me a PM. I will send that e-mail address my ideas, and wait to hear back. That way the information is in safe hands, and everybody with a voice would be able to look over it and give their thoughts.
Looking forward to hearing back, and also to possibly a new thread for designers like me. Thank you for your time.

Mojo
Worry not for the treasure, for it does not worry for you- Brother Broham Dwarvan Cleric of the Forger of Souls.

Offline Beezulbubba

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 07:37:50 AM »
Labyrinth Lord for the other games section, cheers n' such like

Offline DocMindwipe

• Administrator
  • XP: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 03:13:13 PM »
Lab Lord???Is that a game about laboratory research and stuff? :P

Dizzy, LordNikon and meself has more or less agreed on only making suforums when there's enough activity talking about a specific game, so as then we can keep the talk collected there. Otherwise, we might just trawl the 'tinterwebs for any old obscure game and fill the database with empty subforums ;)

Offline Alex Karaczun

• Master of Reality
  • XP: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Fire Born Games | Forged in Fire, Fun as Hell
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 06:56:40 AM »
Hi All!

Doc, Dizzy, and LordNikon I think your subforum rule is justified to an extent. We don't need a subforum for a retro-clone that two dozen people across the US play. However, Labyrinth Lord is pretty huge. People may be coming here and leaving because there is no Labyrinth Lord subfourm. Players of obscure rulesets usually are pretty cool with asking for messaging space, players of larger more established rulesets are more used to finding a spot that caters to them.

It may be too late, but we should be seeking out these players and enticing them to come to OSRGaming.org.

My 2cp.
Kalex
Dungeon Master Extraordinaire

My personal Blog:
Omens and Portents

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 08:30:02 AM »
I think there is a fair point about massively played clones like LL &  S&W. At the same time however those clones areso close that they couldcould easily be discussed in the Classic D&D sub-forum. If enough people are interested though we will certainly throw it up. So let us know if y'all are interested in that. I need to at least put up sub-forums for various genres in other games.

Offline DocMindwipe

• Administrator
  • XP: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 03:53:27 PM »
We could always, if there's a demand for it, open subforums under the various "main" games... like LL and S&W and M&P would go under Classic, Osric and AEC under 1st Ed and so on.

RuneQuest would of course take over the whole forums if we started talking about it :P