OSRGaming

Author Topic: Can you beleive this?  (Read 2394 times)

Mojo

Can you beleive this?
« on: February 06, 2016, 10:32:02 AM »
I play in Dizzy's DCC and BF RPG games. I love em. They are so much fun. So Thursday night after our DCC game my crohns decides it is time to jack up the pain. which leads to a 911 call. OK, my wife knows the drill, it is not like this is the first time this has happened.

Grab my laptop and charger, phone and charger, my hospital game bag (this has dice bag, notebooks, graph paper, pens and pencils) a change of clothes, and my cane if they don't take it on the ambulance.

What does she bring? She brings a tee shirt. I asked her about my cane and other stuff to which I got the reply, "I forgot. I freaked out and just forgot."

Can you believe that? All I could do was laugh.

They held me in ER until about 4AM. It was 28 degrees when I was released. I had no shoes, only 1 tee shirt and shorts. The hospital had no extra wheel chair to wheel me out, so I had to use a nurse as a crutch and very slowly walk out the hospital.

To pass the time and to take my mind off the pain I hummed the theme song to MASH. Of couse the nurse was too young to know the song.

The whole ride home I thought of my experience of the night and thought man my wife rolled a fumble on her wisdom check, I failed on a CHR check, but at least barely passed a STR check to make it out LOL. I told me wife and she told me I think of gaming too much.

Can you believe it??!! LOL

Mojo

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • XP: +9/-0
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
Re: Can you beleive this?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 11:31:58 PM »
Wow Mojo I had no idea! Glad you're starting to feel better, and glad to see you were well enough to attend BFRPG tonight. Hope all is well. You've been rocking in my games!

Mojo

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 11:49:11 AM »
Wow Mojo I had no idea! Glad you're starting to feel better, and glad to see you were well enough to attend BFRPG tonight. Hope all is well. You've been rocking in my games!

Your games are a medicine to me, just like this site and WGP podcasts are. I cannot thank you enough for letting me play. I have so much fun.

Speaking of which, when do you want to get together to work out the level 1 character from the DCC funnel? I wont be able to do anything today (2-7-2016) I figured you would not be able to either, but I would be available any other time stupid health permitting.

mojo

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 03:49:06 PM »
Thanks Mojo! I'm touched! Just message me on skype when you're around and if I'm around and available we'll take care of it then.

Mojo

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 10:50:46 AM »
Will do my man

Offline Professor thork

• XP: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »
Hey Mo--dang, fella, hope you're feeling better.
I'm not all that familiar with your condition. Is it something age related...and I need to worry about?
Andy runs a pretty mean game, for a whippersnapper.  ;D

Mojo

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 03:57:34 PM »
Naw crohns aint an age thing it's a born with it thing. It's an auto immune disease that can be triggered by stress, food, Medicean, whatever then once that box is opened there is no closing it. Back in hospital again as of Saturday AM @ about 2:30 or3. Don't know how long they gonna keep me this time. Hope they let me go Monday, but not holding my breath. Funny story. The steriods they give to treat the swelling caused by the crohns & the crohns has made me diabetic too. I did some figuring & concluded that my CON score has to be like 4 or something lol😝.

I agree Dizzy is an awesome DM, an am upset I missed the session Saturday night. But am doing everything in my power & beyond (as DM Jim would say I am spell burning back to the Stone Age) to get out in time for our next DCC session. 

Have been listening to old WGP podcasts to keep spirits up.
So in the words of another famous Arkansan I Shall Return! lol

mojo

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 11:56:00 AM »
Oh wow Mojo sorry to hear it was that bad. I hope you're back home and well now. Saturday we played for about 3 hours, but mostly it was the party rolling really lucky saving throws vs. poison. I didn't manage to kill anyone though. I'll try and get the video up before next session.

Offline mutazoid

• XP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • www.oakvillegamers.com
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 01:13:47 PM »
Hope your feeling better.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
MY dream is to make an OSR Cafe
(Contact me if you like to kept in the loop when I start developing it)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
ps. I use to be Keith in the forums here before resigning up

Mojo

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 03:22:11 PM »
They finally let me go home yesterday afternoon. When I got home I was put to bed. Was able to get around a little bit today, & went to my doc appt. they say u got 2 crawl b4 u walk, well I am @ the point b4 crawling. lol. Am hoping the wife will let me get on my laptop when we get home from docs office. I need to get back to work on Wyldland.

I want to thank everyone for their kind words & support. I am very thankful.

Mojo

Offline Vile

• XP: +10/-0
  • Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 02:52:13 AM »
Really sorry to hear that, Mojo - I know someone with Crohn's, and it's no picnic. Here's hoping you recover a.s.a.p.

The whole ride home I thought of my experience of the night and thought man my wife rolled a fumble on her wisdom check, I failed on a CHR check, but at least barely passed a STR check to make it out LOL.
I think that last one would have been a CON check. ;)

Online DMMike

• Show Hosts
  • XP: +14/-0
    • View Profile
    • Victorious RPG
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 12:20:31 PM »
Yeah, best of luck in recovery Mojo!

DM (Good at sympathy) Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind