OSRGaming

Author Topic: Old School Computer Game Update 18: A New Sound  (Read 519 times)

Offline outlander78

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Old School Computer Game Update 18: A New Sound
« on: October 06, 2019, 08:55:59 AM »
I am posting this on a few forums; I am trying to reach the 50% of people who purchased my game but have chosen not to receive email updates from DriveThruRPG.

I purchased some sound effect packages, and have added improved sound effects and some music to the game.  Sound is off by default - press 'e' to turn it on during a game.  I have not yet added sounds for everything I want to, so you will probably notice spots where there should be a sound but is not yet.  I have learned once you start adding good sounds to a game, the gaps become more obvious.  However, I have finally found and fixed the "disappearing dead party members" bug, so I am shipping this release now instead of waiting months until I get the sounds all sorted out.

There is one more tweak I think improves the game - when a creature moves past another in combat and triggers an attack of opportunity, the graphics now properly display when and where the creature was hit while moving.  This has been annoying me for a long time, so I am glad I was able to fix it too.

Your existing saved games will probably work with this new release, but to be safe, before you download and play the new version, please load up any games with characters you want to keep and export them to disk in the manage party view.

I am leaving both last year's release and the new 2019 one available for download, in case anyone finds the new release to be problematic.

Have fun, and please keep posting about defects and desired enhancements in the discussion section.  My thanks to everyone who has suggested an improvement, or patiently describe a bug I needed to fix.

The updated game can be found here:  https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/149082/Old-School-Computer-Game .
Please try my old school computer game (link) and tell me what you think.