OSRGaming

Author Topic: NTRPGCon 2019  (Read 328 times)

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • XP: +9/-0
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
NTRPGCon 2019
« on: June 05, 2019, 12:33:18 AM »
Who all is going? I'll be there and playing games Thursday through Saturday.

Offline sgtslag

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • Blog on gaming figures, and other items.
Re: NTRPGCon 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:15:12 AM »
Too long of a drive...  Located in Tropical Southern Minnesota.  Have fun!  Cheers!
Gaming:  one of life's many pleasures!

Offline DMMike

• Show Hosts
  • XP: +13/-0
    • View Profile
    • Victorious RPG
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 12:48:28 PM »
Liz and I are going, leaving in a couple of hours and will be there Wed night-Mon morning. Look us up Dizzy as Liz has a table (guest artist)!

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 07:40:08 PM »
Sorry Mike! I saw you and Liz a couple of times, but it was always either when I was already busy in a game, or y'all were busy doing something. I hope y'all had a good time!

Y'all play in any good games or pick up any swag?

Offline DMMike

• Show Hosts
    • View Profile
    • Victorious RPG
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 12:18:55 PM »
Yeah, I was just noting to Liz yesterday that we never got to chat with you. The con was great as usual, though I had an allergy attack Saturday afternoon at the raffle and spent most of the evening coughing up my lungs. But I got over it, and Sunday was a blast.

We played in...

Thursday:
Steve Perrin's Superhero 2044 game set in Dallas. As expected we caused the usual property damage. :) Liz played in Matt Finch's Swords & Wizardry game that night while I Pal'd around with my old Middle School friends the Fialkow bros.

Friday:
Today was my Victorious game "Moriarty Must Die!" and everyone seemed to have a great time. At least, we sold out of Vict rulebooks and the players were about half the purchasers so that was good.

Saturday:
Today was Chris Clark's AD&D 1E game with....let's say a lot of current political satire in it. LOL!

Sunday:
 Sunday was supposed to be a power-down day and general visiting, but I got conned into running a zombie apok game for Liz and the aforementioned Fialkows. It was in the 1980s and set in a HS. Sort of John Hughs meets George Romero. LOL!

As far as swag goes, I picked up some Different Worlds issues I was missing along with some minis from Pacesetter games. I finally have a Purple Worm!

My biggest disappointment (other than not getting to chat with more people) was that NOBODY had a print copy of Colonial Troopers by Steve Perrin for sale! :P Its a SciFi game based on OD&D that emulates the old Asimov-Heinlin novels. <sigh> Maybe next year.

Anyone else get some goodies?

DM (Good at <Ah-Choo!>) Mike

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 01:06:10 AM »
Nice, sounds like y'all had a pretty well loaded Con.

Thursday I was supposed to play in Badmikes B1 game, but the traffic getting to Dallas was worse than expected so I was late, desperately needing dinner, and tired so I had to back out.

Friday and Saturday morning I was supposed to play in Pete Spahns WWII Operation Whitebox games, but he injured his back and couldn't make it.

Friday Afternoon I played Classic Traveller and had a blast. I had been wanting to play it forever and finally got a chance. He had us all boosted so we were jedi and obviously doing a star wars mission. It was a bunch of fun. Ended up winning a judges guild classic traveller supplement in the game.

Saturday my wife joined me to play D&D for the first time ever. We played Tegel Manor first and had a great time (my thief died from a trap and I rerolled a magic-user, Heidi survived!), and then we played in Carl Heyl's Discos & Dragons (we both played thieves and survived the whole time). I was very happy when we got back to the room and she asked me, "so you're signing me up for next year right!?"

As far as swag, I ended up buying all of the lbb style books for Avremier, and the dark tower reprint. I managed to pick up a free copy of Swords & Wizardry Light, and Carl gave us a little pocket light game he made up with his dad I believe.

I was at the black-blade booth and they had all of the other white box clones that are similar to Colonial Troopers but not that. I have also been wanting to pick that up!

Offline DMMike

• Show Hosts
    • View Profile
    • Victorious RPG
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 04:51:19 PM »
Awesome, I think Liz and I went by your Discos table while searching BadMike's mags at his booth. We should've stopped by and said "Hi"!

Black Blade apparently had the game but sold out Sat. morning. Which sucks because I only found out about it Sat morning when Steve Perrin joined Liz and I for breakfast and told us about the system. As a dyed in the wool pulp SFF fan I loved the idea....But of course, no game. :P

Maybe we can meet up next year, since you and your lady WILL be there right? LOL!

DM (Good at Veiled Hints) Mike

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 11:19:28 PM »
Heidi & I will most certainly be there, assuming it isn't scheduled for a weird time next year. We check the NTRPG site daily to register. We'll definitely have to meet up again next year.

Yes, I saw y'all checking out BadMikes stuff while playing in the Discos game. I passed y'all in the hallway once, and gave a quick "Hi Mike, Hi Liz," but didn't actually have time to strike up a conversation.

I was at Black Blade on Friday, but bought all my stuff from them Saturday. I must have missed it. I've been looking at pulling the trigger on Colonial Troopers for a couple of years now. Maybe before next con.