OSRGaming

Author Topic: Want something reviewed?  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Lord Nikon

• Administrator
  • XP: +101/-0
  • “We can't stop here, this is bat country!”
    • View Profile
Want something reviewed?
« on: October 23, 2016, 11:54:33 AM »
Want something in the OSR reviewed? A module by a small time company? Maybe its your module? Maybe its a spell or a class? Maybe its something for Top Secret, Star Trek or even Star Wars? Maybe you just have a topic  you'd like us to talk about?

Email us!
oldschoolpodcast(@)dgstexas.com
Vincent Florio
Executive Producer of WGP Family of Podcasts
570-865-4210

Offline lastgrasp

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Want something reviewed?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 01:50:32 PM »
Sweet! Another podcast for me to tune in and its about the OSR, my favorite segment of the rpg hobby. There are so many great products out there.....would love to hear about Petty Gods, Basic Psionic Handbook, Maze of the Blue Medusa, and Dwellers in Darkness. The last one is a massive OSRIC monster book. Would be good for RFI too.
Check out my OSR Blog. Random Encounters, New Monster, New Magic Items, and more!

http://creaturespotlight.blogspot.com/

Offline DadsAngry

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »
There are some people in the RPG community that have a misconception about the OSR and playing it old school, and that is it's rules light. How about a show that highlighting RPGs that were far from light. Games that used war gaming mechanics in roleplaying games. Some examples could include Top Secret's (1st edition) combat rules, Timemaster's use of military formations and hexmaps with counters, and final Aftermath for it's complexity with everything. This could be a good episode to included DM Mike for his past war gaming experience.

Offline Maegnarval

• XP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 10:56:06 PM »
The game modules from Mischief Inc !

http://mischiefinc.net

Offline longfoot

• XP: +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:22:49 AM »
I would love to hear a comprehensive review of the Mischief inc module, A Forgotten Evil.
it is 9.99 on Drivethru. That's actually quite expensive, given other products out there. pretty high price point.
Before dropping 10 bucks, I'd like to find out if it's worth it.