OSRGaming

Author Topic: Gamma World 1983  (Read 124 times)

Offline Shiftkitty

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Gamma World 1983
« on: July 26, 2019, 12:57:46 PM »
Just scored a 1983 Gamma World with everything but the dice. 44 bucks, but it was a well-deserved reward if I say so myself (just finished nursing school). Amy way, the box is only a little rough, but the books are in good shape. If anybody here had a mutant cat character named "Scratch", I have your game and it's in good hands! (There are other character sheets, but only Scratch has a name.)
"Attack now! We can level up in Hell!"
~ My nephew getting carried away at his first D&D game

Offline sgtslag

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • Blog on gaming figures, and other items.
Re: Gamma World 1983
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 07:52:40 AM »
Ahhh, I remember it well!  Played it in the early 80's.  The charts we rolled on, to see if we could figure out technology devices without killing/maiming ourselves...  Strange, funny, frustrating, but fun!  Enjoy!  Cheers!
Gaming:  one of life's many pleasures!

Offline Shiftkitty

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Gamma World 1983
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 07:19:12 AM »
We played a but of the provided adventure (trying to get to Pittz Burke) and managed to score three laser rifles and a laser pistol. I adopted Scratch, assuming he looked kind of like a khajit, and so far his claws have proven more effective than guns we have no real clue how to use. We figured out how to fire them, but coming from a Level 1 society, our instinct is to go for our traditional weapons (clubs, short swords, etc.). I like it even better than the 3rd edition with the ACT table, which kind of killed us too often back in the day.
"Attack now! We can level up in Hell!"
~ My nephew getting carried away at his first D&D game