OSRGaming

Poll

How many times have you used "Hell" in an adventure?

Never.
1 (25%)
Once.
0 (0%)
Several times.
2 (50%)
Frequent flyer miles in the 100's!
0 (0%)
Based entire campaign off of/in "Hell".
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Adventures in "Hell" survey?  (Read 441 times)

Offline sgtslag

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • Blog on gaming figures, and other items.
Adventures in "Hell" survey?
« on: June 01, 2018, 08:39:12 AM »
I am working on an adventure where the PC's try to rescue a Paladin PC's wife, who was thrown into my campaign's version of "Hell", body and soul, alive. The Paladin PC is preparing to go after her, no matter who will/will not accompany him. I am curious on how popular running adventures in the Underworld is, amongst forum members.

So, how often do you run adventures in your nether planes? I've run several short jaunts into Gram Nar (Icelandic, "Angry Corpse", my version of Hell). Now I am preparing a long adventure wherein the PC's will enter the Underworld of the dead, and search its vast lands for the poor woman, to learn if she is still alive, and if so, bring her back to the land of the living. They think they know Gram Nar, fairly well... They ain't seen nothin' yet!

They will arrive on an island, in a cave, greeted by Cerberus (extremely difficult to "kill", as he regenerates; this will likely be a comedic encounter: all three of his heads will argue who gets to eat them, even fighting between themselves). After that, they will have to cross a sea which is full of warring undead souls on ghost ships: they will need to negotiate with the dead sailors safe passage to the land mass across the sea. Once on land, they will need to navigate, and search, the various climactic regions, in search of the wifey, without any real guides to show them the way.

They will need to dodge several dead gods' abodes/palaces, while searching. They will also need to avoid the more powerful demons and devils along the way. I really don't know how it will all play out, but it should be a real hoot for everyone... Can't wait to bring them to the cave, and Cerberus! Playing the arguing three heads is gonna be a blast, watching the players try to manipulate them into fighting one another. Picked up the Safari Ltd. toy Cerberus for this -- prefect size, pre-painted to a decent standard. Ohhhh, so fun! Cheers!
Gaming:  one of life's many pleasures!

Offline Pladohs Ghost

• XP: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in "Hell" survey?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 06:03:10 PM »
As a player, I've been in a few adventures where we ventured into some hell.

As a GM, I've never used any hell in an adventure.

Occasional freelance writer and editor.
Biggest gaming thrill: editing EGG.