OSRGaming

Author Topic: Dice Tower KS will launch in around four weeks...  (Read 485 times)

Offline sgtslag

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • Blog on gaming figures, and other items.
Dice Tower KS will launch in around four weeks...
« on: April 10, 2018, 10:20:57 AM »
Wanted to share three videos which will be featured within our KS for Dice Towers:

Trailer

d4-d20 Slow Motion demonstration of the baffles in action.

Slow-motion video of a handful of dice, showing just how reactive the baffles really are.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:24:27 AM by sgtslag »
Gaming:  one of life's many pleasures!

Offline Loma

• XP: +3/-0
  • Priestess of Hanali Celanil
    • View Profile
Re: Dice Tower KS will launch in around four weeks...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:15:36 PM »
My brother would still pick the die up from the tray and show it to me, but I still want one of these. My dad just makes us drop the die in a toilet paper tube, which only he is allowed to pick up.
Jesus saves and takes half damage.

Offline sgtslag

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 08:15:16 AM »
 ;D  LOL! ;D

Looks like we will launch near the end of May.  Working on getting a web site up prior to launching.  Dice Towers are a side product, not his main products:  Custom Gaming Tables.  His Dice Towers will out-sell his Tables by many miles, but that's OK, the Dice Towers are a wonderful item to have.  I carry mine to/from games, as I really enjoy using them, compared to rolling dice on the tabletop.

Always hated rolling d4's:  they nearly always just plopped out of my hand, onto the table, without really, "rolling".  As seen in the videos, the d4's really bounce, and spin, as they travel through the baffles.  What the videos do not show, is how fast they go through!  It is amazing to watch the slow-motion videos, then to roll dice through a Tower, yourself.  They move very fast!

I really enjoy the clatter of the dice as they bounce through the Towers.  It is fun to roll a handful of dice, at once -- they make quite the exciting noise as they blast through.  Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:54:51 AM by sgtslag »

Offline sgtslag

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 11:35:33 PM »
Nearing the launch of our main products web page.  Thought I would share some teasers of what is coming:

Konig Table image 1

Konig Table image 2

Konig Table image 3

Konig Table image 4

This is our prototype Konig Table:  9-feet by 5-feet; 4-inch deep gaming well.  Solid Hickory construction (Hickory is 10 times stronger than Oak!).  The flat top leaves are stained Gunstock color, while the remainder of the Table is coated with clear varnish.

Should have the full web site up and running in 3-4 weeks.  The Kickstarter for the Dice Towers will launch after the web site is up.  Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:37:41 PM by sgtslag »

Offline Fjw70

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 06:10:56 PM »
;D  LOL! ;D

Looks like we will launch near the end of May.  Working on getting a web site up prior to launching.  Dice Towers are a side product, not his main products:  Custom Gaming Tables.  His Dice Towers will out-sell his Tables by many miles, but that's OK, the Dice Towers are a wonderful item to have.  I carry mine to/from games, as I really enjoy using them, compared to rolling dice on the tabletop.

Always hated rolling d4's:  they nearly always just plopped out of my hand, onto the table, without really, "rolling".  As seen in the videos, the d4's really bounce, and spin, as they travel through the baffles.  What the videos do not show, is how fast they go through!  It is amazing to watch the slow-motion videos, then to roll dice through a Tower, yourself.  They move very fast!

I really enjoy the clatter of the dice as they bounce through the Towers.  It is fun to roll a handful of dice, at once -- they make quite the exciting noise as they blast through.  Cheers!

I hate rolling d4s and have pretty much eliminated them from my D&D games.

I have a dice tower I got a while back but never really use it. I like that these have the transparent side to see the rolling. I need to get one of those custom gaming tables some day.

Offline sgtslag

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 12:02:38 PM »
Only the demo tower in the video has the clear face on it.  Over time, the acrylic face will scratch and fog up.  The towers roll d4's extremely well, though.  I really like that.

Our web site is nearing publication.  Once that is done, we will launch the KS.  Should be, "Go!", for both the KS, and web site, within two weeks, by the end of May.  Cheers!!