OSRGaming

Author Topic: Old School Computer Game Update 12: Happy New Year!  (Read 1192 times)

Offline outlander78

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Old School Computer Game Update 12: Happy New Year!
« on: January 06, 2017, 06:51:56 AM »
Hi folks.

I have updated Old School Computer Game (link in my signature). Your existing saved games will not work with this new release - before you download and play this version, please load up any games with characters you want to keep and export them to disk in the manage party view.

The main improvement for this release, and the reason I am publishing it without waiting to develop more new content, is the improved speed with which you can save and load games.  If you play the way I do, you probably save and re-load frequently, and will find the enhancement a very nice change.

New Items: 
 - 70 new magic shields

Misc:
 - added a new cheat (debugging option) to give all party members good magical weapons, CTRL+ALT+SHIFT to access
 - 10% of laboratory tables now contain magic items instead of potions (perhaps the owner was working on a wand, a ring or a nice pair of boots ...)
 - added more random castle names
 - kobolds no longer have an initiative bonus
 - NPC equipment now matches standard treasure distribution ratios (e.g. you will far find more fighters wielding long swords than tridents)
 - once you know a given pool is a healing pool, simply walking through it automatically heals all living party members
 - performance improvement:  added buffering to the save and load game processes
 - performance improvement:  added multithreading to random quest creation; computers with multiple cores will create new games more quickly

If you find any problems with the game, or want to propose improvements, please post them here or on the game's webpage.

Thank you for playing!
Please try my old school computer game (link) and tell me what you think.