OSRGaming

Author Topic: D&D Classics is now doing PoD  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Vile

• XP: +10/-0
  • Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
Re: D&D Classics is now doing PoD
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 09:20:45 AM »
Huh, didn't know DTRPG does saddle-stitched. I may have to look at adding PoD to my books (I already do Lulu).

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • XP: +9/-0
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 09:28:36 AM »
Wow did not know they did manage to get saddle stitch. Those look better than I expected. Might have to pick some of these up. I assume they're adding more to PoD each week?

Offline Fjw70

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 11:05:14 AM »
Wow did not know they did manage to get saddle stitch. Those look better than I expected. Might have to pick some of these up. I assume they're adding more to PoD each week?

They post on rpg.net when new stuff is available.

Offline Fjw70

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 06:13:02 PM »
Got my copy of Goblin's Return (Spelljammer module) and it is perfect bound. There are several PoD reviews over on rpg.net and those products are perfect bound as well (Shady Dragon's Inn, Hollow World, Ravemloft).

So if you are anti-perfect bound then beware.

Offline Maegnarval

• XP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 07:10:29 PM »
After seeing the video, i would rather they all be perfect bound now, which will last longer than saddle-stitched. (The staples make a modern book look cheap as well.)

Thus no holes in the paper which will begin to get larger & larger as you use the book.

Only drawback being that you can not lay the book flat & have the pages stay down, unless it's saddle-stitched.

Also, they need to work on getting the cover aligned so it does not bleed over the spine. Which i guess means adding a strip the color of the module there.