OSRGaming

Author Topic: Looking for Players for text-based correspondence/play-by-post  (Read 758 times)

Offline mithrandir138

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Looking for Players for text-based correspondence/play-by-post
« on: October 05, 2016, 08:33:34 AM »
I am looking for a group of people to "text-based play by post" on a Discord server I have setup.
I have a dice rolling bot on the server ready to go to handle randomness, and I am looking for some mature-minded people wishing to explore some wilderness and dungeons, create some interesting characters, tell some stories, and have some fun.

I don't have a lot of time to game face to face or meet at a regular time every week, but I am interested in gaming with and meeting folks who may be in a similar situation. I am looking for people who can maybe dedicate at least a few minutes a day or so to participate in the game (and chat IRC-style) and possibly work on their creative writing in the process. Discord seems like the right platform for this, as it can be persistent, accessible via mobile (while commuting on a train or something) or completely real-time on a computer, and I can have some control over the environment.

We all get busy, life gets in the way. I understand things happen some times and you can't participate -- it's life. All I ask is that participants have a passion to play, keep lines of communication open so people know when you might not be able to participate for extended periods of time, and actually participate when they can.

The best way to put it: I am looking for some level of commitment and passion, not people that will disappear. I am also looking for people who are interested in describing actions and doing some real roleplay. Killing things and taking its stuff is fun and all, and it will have its place in the games, but that's not the only goal.

As for the ruleset: I am planning on using some sort of D&D 0e-based ruleset at the moment (Leaning towards something like The Hero's Journey, Iron Falcon, or something) but I am open to thinking this through more.

PM me if you are interested, and we can talk. Newbies welcome.