OSRGaming

Author Topic: Labyrinth Lord  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Beezulbubba

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Labyrinth Lord
« on: August 31, 2016, 06:50:23 AM »
Was curious how many others are still using labyrinth Lord ?

Offline outlander78

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth Lord
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:28:11 AM »
I keep a short, rotating stack of books I am reading and/or referencing handy - everything else goes in the basement.  Since I acquired LL and its AEC printings years ago, those two books have never left the stack.  I think LL is an excellent B/X clone/expansion (to 20th level), and AEC has everything I wanted from 1E, in a short, concise package.

I recently acquired Starships & Spacemen from the same author (aka "LL in Space"), it am looking forward to reading it soon, too.
Please try my old school computer game (link) and tell me what you think.

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • XP: +9/-0
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 10:50:56 AM »
I like Labrynth Lord but have sadly never run it myself. I've ended up running BFRPG for my B/X fix, but I keep telling myself I want to run 1e and think I would use LL+AEC to do so.

It really is a solid ruleset! I always enjoy flipping through it. I've also quite enjoyed the campaigns I've played in that used it.

Offline Gringnr

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 09:26:58 AM »
Sorry for the necro, but...

Labyrinth Lord is the D&D I played BITD, and the D&D I want to play today. YMMV. I find it intuitive and flexible, true to B/X-1e AD&D, but verrsatile enough for whatever I need. Just started running it for my gaming noob nephews. Starting off easy, party initiative and the like, but can add things in later, once they start to grasp the fundamentals. And I can do so without overhauling the characters or adventures. I can run any B/X or 1e AD&D module with LL, needing little or no alteration. Overall, it's perfect for me.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:34:58 AM by Gringnr »