OSRGaming

Author Topic: Ice Kingdoms  (Read 1481 times)

Offline theungainlyswordsman

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ice Kingdoms
« on: August 04, 2016, 07:25:41 PM »
Here is the ks page for the Ice Kingdoms, whose chief designer, C.S. Barnhart, is my old gaming friend.  It is a game setting that is absolutely made for the lovers of old school RPG's.  If that designation applies to you, you will not regret checking out this kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1446402795/the-ice-kingdoms

It's an ambitious project, with three books and five adventure modules already underway.  Moreover, they are all designed to be usable in multiple retroclone systems. 

The production is especially impressive on two counts.  First, the art has been a consistent priority in this project.  The Ice Kingdoms does not rely on stock images and public domain content but features original work by a cast of talented artists.  I can imagine poring over these volumes like I did with the old books as a kid.  Moreover, the Ice Kingdoms has enlisted the talents of writers who were themselves involved in producing those old books, James Ward and Ernest Gary Gygax, jr.
I spent hours looking over Deities and Demigods, but I never imagined then that James Ward might someday write about the gods of  the campaign world I shared with my circle of gaming friends.

The Ice Kingdoms is an unusual kickstarter opportunity, unusually well conceived and uniquely produced.  Please help make it happen.   

Offline Peacekeeper_b

• View Profile
Re: Ice Kingdoms
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 07:32:31 PM »
Ha, I just posted about this.

Offline Maegnarval

• XP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 01:14:01 AM »
Looks Cool !

It's driving me nuts though, that there are several other kickstarters, i'd love to pledge to as well, such as, Worldographer, Zweihander, Prince Valiant, Creem Magazine Documentary & Barrowmaze: Forbidden caverns of Archaia,  & there is no way I can get them all right now !

Ice Kingdoms: $30 for the PDF Master
Creem: $20 for the Digital  pledge (out of the dvds)
Barrowmaze: $150
Woldographer: $81
Prince Valiant: $112 for Royal Collection
Zweihander: $25 for the Channel power tier

Total: $418 Ouch!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:40:50 PM by Maegnarval »

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 10:54:09 AM »
An update from this ks:

We will be adding a free copy of the Lair of the White Wyvern PDF with all pledge levels pf $30 or more if we reach our funding level of $5500.

• View Profile
Re: Swords & Stitchery on the Ice Kingdoms
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 08:49:25 AM »

The Ice Kingdoms kickstarter gets a pretty favorable review from Swords & Stitchery, a smart OSR blog.  Check it out.

http://swordsandstitchery.blogspot.com/2016/08/commentary-on-osr-retroclone.html?m=1

Offline Peacekeeper_b

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
I am so excited. Larry Elmore promoted the Ice Kingdoms. Pretty cool to have my creation seen by a legend and to have him recommend it to people.