OSRGaming

Author Topic: Judges Guild's Wilderlands of High Fantasy  (Read 1914 times)

virtual4sight

Judges Guild's Wilderlands of High Fantasy
« on: July 29, 2016, 11:24:15 AM »
As an early subscriber to their products, I have limited all my gaming sessions as a DM within this world. It is more than adequate and gives me a lot of space for my own creative juices to further develop the areas around the major cities that have been documented.

I was lucky enough to meet all the folks involved with Judges Guild while they were headquartered in Springfield, IL when I was returning home from my first tour in Japan. They were a great group of guys and were very willing to discuss their future plans. I only wish they would have gain a greater following. Most of the products were well written and easy to follow. My favorite has to be Tegal Manor.

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • XP: +9/-0
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
Re: Judges Guild's Wilderlands of High Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 03:25:41 PM »
I love Judges Guild as well. My last BFRPG campaign was set in the WoHF, though, they didn't discover much. Tegel Manor and Dark Tower are great products as well :)

Offline DMMike

• Show Hosts
  • XP: +14/-0
    • View Profile
    • Victorious RPG
Re: Judges Guild's Wilderlands of High Fantasy
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 06:56:53 PM »
Yeah, Tegel is probably my single fave JG product. Also, Goodman Games has reprinted Tegel Manor, Thieves of Fortress Badabascor, and Dark Tower from the original works. Each one has a 'new' adventure in the back of each book. While I haven't seen the TFB or DT ones, the Tegel Manor one has a real JG feel to it. Its authored by Michael Curtis, and is set predominantly in Tegel Village, so it adjuncts to the manor quite well.

Back OT, I do really like the Wilderlands, though my source is mostly the necromancer Games box set during the D20 era. Fortunately when they did their box set (everything in one place) they only gave hp for each encounter...so you're not buried in D20 nonsense. :)

I agree about the JG folks, having interviewed Bill Owen. Also met Bob Bledsaw Jr. and interviewed him on Save or Die...Great guy, and I'm fully behind his work in trying to revive Judges Guild!

DM (Good at JG pimpage) Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com