OSRGaming

Author Topic: Mischief, Inc.'s Twelve Kingdoms™ Campaign Setting  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Alex Karaczun

• Master of Reality
  • XP: +5/-0
    • View Profile
Mischief, Inc.'s Twelve Kingdoms™ Campaign Setting
« on: February 02, 2016, 09:48:43 AM »
Mischief, Inc.'s adventure modules use a default world to tie them all together in a consistent setting. This world is know as Dearoedd™ and the setting The Twelve Kingdoms™. We are releasing information on this setting primarily through the modules themselves, but there are also some blog posts that drill down on cities and the gods of the world. I will provide links at the bottom of this post.

To aid Dungeon Masters in running campaigns based in this setting, I will be available here to answer questions that arise to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that reveals planned for future adventure modules will likely be answered cryptically, but I will always try to give something to anyone who is willing to ask a question. Some general information follows.

Daearoedd (‘dd’ is pronounced as a ‘th’) is the name given to the world by the Werin people of the Twelve Kingdoms, other peoples have different names for the world. The Abaedan of the Maere Empire call the world Eorð (‘ð’ is pronounced ‘th’). The dwarves Jörð, and the elves Ardh. To the orcs it is Qarga.

The Twelve Kingdoms and the Maere Empire occupy the central area of a large continent separated roughly down the middle by a north-south running range of mountains known as the Ganlaw Mountains. Areas to the north of the map are inhabited by human barbarians, and orc tribes. Little is known about areas to the south, but some humans travel north over the Arian Hills to trade in the Twelve Kingdoms.

The Twelve Kingdoms is an area once a single kingdom known as the Kingdom of Cadarn. Cadarn and Maere fought dozens of wars over the course of centuries, but it was not either rival that brought about the other's fall. Almost 200 years ago, during the rule of Merric Brudd III, an orc hoard swept out of the north and laid waste to town after town. During the course of the war that followed Merric and all his heirs died. In the following chaos the representative to the King's Council of each of the twelve major cities in the kingdom declared themselves ruler. Open war broke out among the cities for several years until a uneasy peace was reached. From that point on each city became a city-state under the rule of a local noble claiming various titles from Lord Mayor to King.

This is the state of things when new player characters start campaigning in the year 712.

Useful Links

Cities
Caer Arail

Gods
Aeron
Arawn
Belinos
Brenna
Gormail
Livora
Seren

I look forward to fielding your questions!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:00:40 AM by Kalex »
Kalex
Dungeon Master Extraordinaire

My personal Blog:
Omens and Portents

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • XP: +9/-0
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
Re: Mischief, Inc.'s Twelve Kingdoms™ Campaign Setting
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:22:52 AM »
Nice map and cool idea! I like that the different races have different names for the world they live in! So this is still a very separated society. Awesome :)

Offline Alex Karaczun

• Master of Reality
  • XP: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 10:38:26 AM »
Nice map and cool idea! I like that the different races have different names for the world they live in! So this is still a very separated society. Awesome :)

Thanks Dizzy!
Kalex
Dungeon Master Extraordinaire

My personal Blog:
Omens and Portents

Offline denniselroy

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 11:13:32 AM »
cool .. great job;)