OSRGaming

Author Topic: Old Computer Games  (Read 2534 times)

Offline outlander78

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Old Computer Games
« on: March 23, 2016, 09:17:11 PM »
Hi folks.

Anyone remember the old DOS computer games EGATrek or Second Conflict?  How about Six Gun Shootout for the Commodore 64?  I am looking for games to write as vehicles to practice programming in languages I am not as familiar with as I should be, and I couldn't help but wonder if anyone else might remember these classics.

EGATrek was an ... EGA ... update to the classic Super Star Trek game that had been played by people since the 1970s.

Second Conflict was an ASCII game which let 1-10 players (including good AI players)  vie for control of a 10-26 star galaxy.  Each star had 1-10 planets, and production values for how many ships they could build each turn.  Ships were either fighters or troop ships - you needed fighters to clear the airspace, and then troop ships and troops to conquor the planets.  A simple game with simple gameplay that I am still addicted to playing from time to time.

Six Gun Shootout was a classic tactical shooter, where you could play the good or bad guys in a turn-based gunfight simulation with pretty good detail.  I spent many, many hours playing this one as a kid.  Here is a video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyBSH6aq17M
Please try my old school computer game (link) and tell me what you think.

Offline DadsAngry

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Old Computer Games
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 01:45:35 PM »
I didn't play those but I invested a lot of hours into EPYX's Rogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBNgfrxD3qE

Offline outlander78

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Old Computer Games
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 10:40:06 PM »
Me too.  I figured out what file to copy to save my game, and had a blast with it.
Please try my old school computer game (link) and tell me what you think.