OSRGaming

Author Topic: The Hangover and Other Movies  (Read 143 times)

Offline Shiftkitty

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
The Hangover and Other Movies
« on: March 05, 2019, 08:48:06 AM »
We had a great game based on "The Hangover"! Our  missing NPC, it turns out, was not on the roof of the tavern, and we didn't recognize the plot at first (we were prepared for a serious game originally), but about a third of the way in we realized the puzzle ahead of us. Our missing friend, it turned out, was desperately clinging to the top of a very tall steeple in another city which we had to sneak in to due to, ummm, events that the party hopes we can forget! Overall it was a crazy fun session, good for a one-off. And I think someone has a bugbear bride somewhere!

What movies have you ever played as D&D or other RPGs, especially if you didn't recognize the plot at first (if ever)?
"Attack now! We can level up in Hell!"
~ My nephew getting carried away at his first D&D game

Offline Loma

• XP: +3/-0
  • Priestess of Hanali Celanil
    • View Profile
Re: The Hangover and Other Movies
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 10:14:24 PM »
One of my DM's seems to draw his ideas mainly from Xena and Hercules. We sold treasure to Salmonellus, traded stories with Parentheses, got our butts kicked by a Golden Hind, got a boat ride from Barnacles, did a quest for Hades, and more. We even found Mr. Falafel's walk-through taco stand.

Our current quest is to stop a particularly charismatic ghost from ruining a wedding. Since ghosts in this game can't do much but talk, the ghost is going around telling lies to people. I think the DM also gave this ghost a Suggestion or Hypnosis ability, because it's got people doing some pretty strange things.
Jesus saves and takes half damage.