OSRGaming

Author Topic: Save or Die! Expert Edition Podcast is born!  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Lord Nikon

• Administrator
  • XP: +101/-0
  • “We can't stop here, this is bat country!”
    • View Profile
Save or Die! Expert Edition Podcast is born!
« on: January 08, 2017, 04:18:10 PM »
Official Announcement from Wild Game Productions:
Wild Games Productions is pleased to announce that the Save or Die Podcast will continue to bring listeners regular discussions on all things classic D&D. An agreement has been reached with James Michael Spahn, publisher and freelance author, to head the podcast as both Lead Host and Creative Director.
In recognition of the contribution made by founding hosts Mike and Liz Stewart, as well as Jim Wampler, Save or Die will continue releasing episodes under the title of SAVE OR DIE: Expert Edition. The show will remain focused on classic fantasy role-playing games with a focus on the various incarnations of Dungeons and Dragons dating from 1974 to 1999 and the various retro-clones produced to emulate those games, such as Red Box, Holmes, Labyrinth Lord, and Swords & Wizardry. Wild Games Productions and Mr. Spahn look forward to the future as Save or Die carries on a legacy of old school gaming into 2017 and beyond.
Let's all congratulate James Michael Spahn as he sets up the show and gets things back on track. James has filled out the cast for the show already and is recording as we speak!
Vincent Florio
Executive Producer of WGP Family of Podcasts
570-865-4210

Offline angelicdoctor

• XP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Save or Die! Expert Edition Podcast is born!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »
Love the new cast!  Thank you for keeping this good thing going.  Also, as a child of the 80s, I'm lovin' the GNR outro.  I am also very pleased that the previous intro tune was nixed.

Concerning episode 132, my favorite hack to this day that I engineered for my gaming group was converting T1 Village of Hommlet to Star Wars Saga Edition.  The heroes traveled to the unknown regions of space to come upon a war battered Trade Federation droid control ship (the moathouse) surrounded by hollowed out asteroids equipped with tractor beams (the giant frogs surrounding the moat house).  Replaced the zombies with junk droids, the bandits with B1s, B2s and droidekas and Lareth with Asajj Ventriss.  Heck, I even threw in a captive 4e red dragon which wrecked absolute chaos within the starship!  Ah, good times...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:26:48 AM by angelicdoctor »