OSRGaming

Author Topic: Gamma World  (Read 291 times)

Offline Shiftkitty

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Gamma World
« on: May 16, 2017, 08:08:25 AM »
While reassembling my library, I found my third edition Gamma World game. (This is the one with the ACT table, not 3rd edition as in D&D 3e d20 system.) My old notes for a long-past game were inside, so I tidied them up and called the gang. Their mission was to recover something stolen by the Hoops. It was a simple but fun game, with one guy jokingly saying he'll probably never look at his own rabbits the same way again.

Anyway, have you played Gamma World, and which edition is your favorite? Also, have you ever used the ACT table for D&D?
"Attack now! We can level up in Hell!"
~ My nephew getting carried away at his first D&D game

Offline outlander78

• XP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Gamma World
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 11:49:38 AM »
I have not played Gamma World.  I think I missed the boat on that one back in the day.  If the older (better?) versions show up on DTRPG, I will buy them and have a look.
Please try my old school computer game (link) and tell me what you think.

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • XP: +9/-0
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 02:08:47 PM »
I've only played (ran) Mutant Future, and had iffy results. I've always been interested however, so would love to give MF or GW a shot again.

Offline angelicdoctor

• XP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 09:27:22 AM »
The kids and I played 1st edition Gamma World and loved every minute of it.

Online DMMike

• Show Hosts
  • XP: +6/-0
    • View Profile
    • Victorious RPG
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 09:52:39 AM »
Yeah, another 1E Gamma World guy here. For some reason, random mutations in GW doesn't bug me as much as random super powers in Villains & Vigilantes; dunno why. Maybe its the gonzo nature of the setting. ;)

I've also played 2E GW, but not 3E. Was 3E GW the one that was also called "Gammarauders"?

DM (Good at randomly mutating) Mike

The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Offline Gringnr

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 09:42:38 AM »
Yeah, another 1E Gamma World guy here. For some reason, random mutations in GW doesn't bug me as much as random super powers in Villains & Vigilantes; dunno why. Maybe its the gonzo nature of the setting. ;)

I've also played 2E GW, but not 3E. Was 3E GW the one that was also called "Gammarauders"?

DM (Good at randomly mutating) Mike

IIRC, Gammarauders was a boardgame that was somewhat loosely based on Gama World concepts. Almost like a Kaiju/Godzilla thing.There was also a Gammarauders comic from DC, based on the game.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:47:13 AM by Gringnr »