OSRGaming

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
First Edition AD&D / Re: creating a new class
« Last post by smblackmon on October 19, 2017, 01:59:51 AM »
just a beginning thought would be since monks have large damage with open hands without str bonus that could be used to determine what + they would have as they advanced upward. since many of the lower hd undead can be hit without magic i could rearrange what they get as they level up
First Edition AD&D / Re: Actual Play podcasts?
« Last post by longfoot on October 18, 2017, 02:17:10 PM »
Odd thing. About every day, my iTunes feed tells me that I have all new podcasts on your AP feed.It's like 39 new podcasts every day, but they are the same. Not sure why Apple keeps doing that.
« Last post by longfoot on October 18, 2017, 02:00:00 PM »
How would the unarmed fighting work against the undead which need + weapons to do damage?
Not sure how you would do that.
Maybe they would have only specific weapons proficiency slots like the spike. Just a thought.
« Last post by smblackmon on October 17, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »
was actually a pretty good movie just got me to thinking about monks
This was a good show guys! I always feel like C&C doesn't get spoken about much. I own it, but have never played or ran it myself. It has always looked like a good system, but I've never felt really drawn to it. I'm not sure why exactly. I'll need to go through it again.
Roll for Initiative Podcast / Re: Volume 7 mini issue 12
« Last post by longfoot on October 17, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »
Amusing little anecdote.
I was DM'ing a 1e game back maybe around 1990 or so, and one of the fighters always got in a jam and prayed for their goddess to bail them out(Ishtar). It got old pretty quick so the goddess told the fighter that he had to invoke her name every time he went into battle.
If he didn't invoke her, his sword would instantly disappear. It was a good way to snap him back in line from overusing it.
I suppose, as a DM, i should have just not given in to the constant calling out for one's goddess, but this one worked into the game pretty well.
I'm looking forward to listening to this one.
« Last post by DocWanderer on October 15, 2017, 02:29:14 PM »
Yeah, that would work.  I just watched it last night. I see what you mean. 
BLUEHOLME™ / Re: The BLUEHOLME™ Project
« Last post by Vile on October 14, 2017, 11:31:52 PM »
I have just uploaded a revised PDF of the Prentice Rules to OneBookShelf. This incorporates all of the errata which was uncovered during the Journeymanne process. I also tweaked the layout and moved some sections around, so it matches its "big brother" in that regard. Oh, and I put back two classic monsters missing from the previous versions: the "octocat", and the "cave creeper" (I'll leave you to guess what they really are). As there's always the chance of typos creeping in during such a process, I'll also wait until December (same as the Journeymanne Rules) before putting Prentice on Lulu.

As an aside, I was somewhat shocked to discover that there have been over 6,000 downloads of Prentice to date ...    :o
« Last post by smblackmon on October 14, 2017, 03:34:42 AM »
while watching the movie they are like monks but specialize in killing vampires. just trying to create a character like that but for undead type. maybe a monk that has clerical abilities
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10