OSRGaming

Author Topic: Favorite Lines, Any Edition  (Read 7958 times)

Offline Shiftkitty

• XP: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Favorite Lines, Any Edition
« on: March 26, 2021, 04:32:58 PM »
Favorite from our last session, two female PCs who had been disguised as men in a tavern where a fight broke out. The rogue was responding to the wizard dropping her disguise and casting a spell:

ROGUE: So much for our disguises.
WIZARD: Well, you DID just put a dagger through his nuts.

I know there have been plenty of these posts, so what's one more? Add your best lines!
"Attack now! We can level up in Hell!"
~ My nephew getting carried away at his first D&D game

Offline angelicdoctor

• XP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Lines, Any Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 02:54:57 PM »
It's been some years, but I do recall a Star Wars Saga Edition game I was playing with my kids wherein the then 13 or 14 year old son playing a B-1 battle droid had a memorable line.  It went something like this...

Gamemaster: (in reference to an alien the party just met)  Are you sure it is even intelligent and can understand you?
B1 Battle Droid:  (To the alien creature)  Are you sentient?
Alien: ...

Offline DMMike

• Show Hosts
  • XP: +16/-0
    • View Profile
    • Victorious RPG
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 01:09:51 PM »
Favorite from our last session, two female PCs who had been disguised as men in a tavern where a fight broke out. The rogue was responding to the wizard dropping her disguise and casting a spell:

ROGUE: So much for our disguises.
WIZARD: Well, you DID just put a dagger through his nuts.

I know there have been plenty of these posts, so what's one more? Add your best lines!
"

"You'll be whistlin' a different tune when theys ties ya to da Likin' Toad!" - NPC to the party when captured for brawling

DM (Good at awkward moments) Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Offline sgtslag

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • Blog on gaming figures, and other items.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 02:04:49 PM »
PC Half-Orc walks into a Dwarven Armory:  husband is an Armor Smith, his wife is a Bowyer/Fletcher.  The male Dwarf Armorer asks his needs.  The Half-Orc says, "I don't want you!  I want yer' wife!"

People nearly fell out of their chairs, laughing so hard -- including the DM!  We still laugh about it, 5+ years later.

My players walked into a cave complex formerly owned by Gnomes, who were driven out by Goblins; the Gnomes hired them to eradicate the Goblin horde, so they could move back in.  The PC's went in, invisible, killed the Goblin Shaman, carried his head into the main cavern, filled with 200+ Goblins.  They used ventriloquism to sound like a demon/god, threatening the horde to leave, or else.  Then they tossed the Shaman's severed head into the midst of the horde.  I rolled a Morale Check:  19 -- the horde failed by 7+, resulting in complete panic!  Every single Goblin ran for the nearest exit, trampling anyone who got in their way.

Now, when the PC's get into a tight spot, they say, "We need a severed head!"  Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 02:08:57 PM by sgtslag »
Gaming:  one of life's many pleasures!