OSRGaming

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Nostalgia Vomit
« Last post by DMMike on December 09, 2018, 09:04:04 AM »
Thanks, I'll give it a shot now and see what's there...!

DM (Good at giving shots, and suppressive fire) Mike
« Last post by Angry Monk on December 09, 2018, 06:40:06 AM »
I sent Jay a question about downloading:
Okay, I can see how it might not be intuitive, but if one wanted to
download the file directly - you just need to click on the "article"
title - "Crypt of the Vampire" for this example and it would take you
to this page: http://www.nostalgiavomit.com/2018/10/27/crypt-of-the-vampire/

There you have the option to listen to in the browser, new window, or
just download the file like you were talking about.

I'll see about making that options more obvious for the future, but
for now the option is there! I hope that helps!
« Last post by Angry Monk on December 07, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »
Just like fine wine!
Second Edition AD&D / Re: 2e Bard: What is your experience with this class?
« Last post by Loma on December 06, 2018, 04:06:25 PM »
I don't know. It seems to me that players who think of characters as lists of powers and attacks would probably not want to play a Bard, but people who really love to roleplay seem to be drawn to that kind of character. And that player was always over the top with his roleplay. That Bard suited him well.
« Last post by DMMike on December 03, 2018, 09:18:37 AM »
You're right, Mike. I don't see a download button. I will send Jay an email. Maybe he can add one. It's very good. I'm glad he is back.
Speaking of nostalgia, I'm re-listening to SOD. Ah...the good old days. 😉
LOL Liz is still embarrassed about ep 1-6 or so. I wince at the mid-50s, when I took over as lead host.

What can I say...we got better? :D

DM (Good at getting better....eventually) Mike

« Last post by Angry Monk on December 03, 2018, 02:38:49 AM »
You're right, Mike. I don't see a download button. I will send Jay an email. Maybe he can add one. It's very good. I'm glad he is back.
Speaking of nostalgia, I'm re-listening to SOD. Ah...the good old days. 😉
Second Edition AD&D / Fanthros Storm-Hooves
« Last post by AuldDragon on December 02, 2018, 11:34:24 AM »
This month features the second of the four centaur deities that were listed but not detailed in an old Dragon Magazine articles on centaurs. Fanthros Storm-Hooves is the patriarch of the small clan of four deities, who all serve under Skerrit the Forrester. Among the small centaur pantheon, Fanthros is the deity of weather, the sky, and agriculture.

Jeff
« Last post by DMMike on November 27, 2018, 12:47:57 PM »
Pretty much as you state. The 2E Bard is weak and if BTB their abilities are second rate to Thieves...sorry, "Rogues". :P

One thing I do like about the 5E game is how they handled Bards. My wife Liz ran one for a while and just loved their "Vicious Mockery" ability. :lol:

DM (Good at Bardic avoidance!) Mike
« Last post by sgtslag on November 26, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »
Thank you, both, for your replies.  It would seem that Bards have not been overly popular as a class.

I recently found some YouTube videos which are collections of sailor songs, likely from the Renaissance period; few have instruments accompanying them.   After listening to them for a while, I realized it would not be terribly difficult to change the words, to come up with campaign-specific lyrics to use as a Bard player.  I could learn around six songs which I could then change the lyrics on, and sing.  I might even get the other players to join in for a chorus, after they learned the tunes.   ;D

Not everyone would care to sing at the gaming table, period, but it intrigued me.  I've performed singing, before, even an acapella solo, so that part would not bother me.  It was coming up with relevant lyrics, and a tune (acapella, as I don't play any instrument).  Still, it would be difficult, aside from the singing parts, as I don't really find the class very interesting.  It would require a DM who would go along with my antics, as well...   :o  Cheers!
« Last post by Loma on November 22, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »
I was in a group with a 2e bard for a while. He was a rakasta, he played the violin and he had this spell where he played Jaccob's Ladder, passed it to a victim and they got all tangled up in it. He also had a "Flying Leap" spell, which was a variant of Jump, except it was only for jumping into combat and he got a charging bonus. He also had a high Rope Use skill, other spells that had things to do with string and he could play a few other stringed instruments that he didn't have to play with his claws. He was even named "Nyare."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10