OSRGaming

Author Topic: Carrying High level players between quest  (Read 653 times)

Offline vickywin

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Carrying High level players between quest
« on: February 08, 2017, 12:24:34 AM »
This is sort of building off a previous post of mine. Soon i am going to be running a megacampaign where basically the players play all of the official materials (including some D&D Next adventures). However one player has openly stated he does not want to switch characters after completing a campaign, and wants to take a high level character into the other campaigns that build the overall megacampaign.

So basically he wants to keep his level 10+ character even if the others want to build new people for their organization.
Is there anything overly wrong with this? I know he would be more powerful not does the lower AC in 5th edition balance it out?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:35:01 AM by vickywin »

Offline Pladohs Ghost

• XP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Carrying High level players between quest
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 04:13:43 PM »
That's entirely up to you. If you want to finish a campaign and then have all new characters in the next, then do so. If you want to carry characters over from the first campaign into the next, then do so--and you can decree that they begin at 1st level or 5th level or 11th level or 20th. This decision is entirely in the GM's purview.
Occasional freelance writer and editor.
Biggest gaming thrill: editing EGG.

Offline ian54

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Carrying High level players between quest
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 04:05:12 PM »
You can always have him bump into a Vampire or two first time out, that would bring him down to the correct level <evil grin>.