OSRGaming

Author Topic: Carrying High level players between quest  (Read 310 times)

Offline vickywin

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Carrying High level players between quest
« on: February 08, 2017, 12:24:34 AM »
This is sort of building off a previous post of mine. Soon i am going to be running a megacampaign where basically the players play all of the official materials (including some D&D Next adventures). However one player has openly stated he does not want to switch characters after completing a campaign, and wants to take a high level character into the other campaigns that build the overall megacampaign.

So basically he wants to keep his level 10+ character even if the others want to build new people for their organization.
Is there anything overly wrong with this? I know he would be more powerful not does the lower AC in 5th edition balance it out?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:35:01 AM by vickywin »

Offline Pladohs Ghost

• View Profile
Re: Carrying High level players between quest
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 04:13:43 PM »
That's entirely up to you. If you want to finish a campaign and then have all new characters in the next, then do so. If you want to carry characters over from the first campaign into the next, then do so--and you can decree that they begin at 1st level or 5th level or 11th level or 20th. This decision is entirely in the GM's purview.

Offline ian54

• View Profile
Re: Carrying High level players between quest
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 04:05:12 PM »
You can always have him bump into a Vampire or two first time out, that would bring him down to the correct level <evil grin>.