OSRGaming

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Roll for Initiative Podcast / Re: What do you want to hear on the show?
« Last post by GMWestermeyer on March 21, 2017, 05:09:29 PM »
I'm new to the podcast, and it is hard to see from the website what has and has not been covered.

The module reviews are best, more of those please. I would especially like to see the U series reviewed. I think you reviewed the L series already.

I have to say "hear-hear" to the Lankhmar suggestion, spot on!

Is DM Nick Blackstone from the Kenzerco forums? He probably remembers me.

Save for Half Podcast / Re: Save for Half Episode #1: "Doctor Who RPG by FASA"
« Last post by DMMike on March 21, 2017, 12:28:25 PM »
Yes, our new producer (DM Corbett) uses a software that auto-tightens shows by taking out excessive pauses. When I first heard it, it jarred me a bit as well but figured we'd put it out there to see fan reaction. Most seem to like it so I figured it was just that I wasn't used to it. ;)

DM (Goodatnotpausing) Mike!
Save for Half Podcast / Re: New site, new lease on life for the podcast?
« Last post by longfoot on March 21, 2017, 07:54:58 AM »
Thanks magicman.
Save for Half Podcast / Re: Save for Half Episode #1: "Doctor Who RPG by FASA"
« Last post by longfoot on March 21, 2017, 07:54:00 AM »
DM Mike,

Thanks for the info. I see the feed on iTunes now. I downloaded and gave it a listen this morning.
Great show. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to more shows.

Quick question: is there a new editing technique for the show? There seem to be many less gaps between speaking. Almost like you guys aren't even taking a breath between sentences. There are very few pauses. It doesn't sound bad, just different to my ears.
As always, the production quality of your podcast is A+. I really can't think of any other podcast, save for professional ones put out by corporations that are better.
Kudos to you and your group.
The live gaming sessions, will be played on Monday evenings from 9:30 pm ET- 6:30pm PT, till 1:30am ET (10:30pm PT).

This will be our 119th session for the ongoing 'Twelve Kingdoms' Campaign !

7 Characters Available:
Barbarian - Grimbul Barinfind - Dwarf
Bard - Altomi - Human
Druid - Harold - Human
Fighter - Willie - Human
Ranger - Johnny Bowman - Wood Elf
Thief - Kytana - Elf
Wild Mage (2nd Edition)(Magic-User) - Human - Mersitious Awesomeasous

Once a character dies, you can choose your new Character Class and Race from any of the following:
1st / 2nd Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbooks, Unearthed Arcana, Players Options Books
Astonishing Swordmen and Sorcerers of Hyperboria 1st Edition (any not already in the AD&D books)
Adventurer, Conqueror, King (any not already in the AD&D books)
Dragon Magazine:
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=...

You will also have the option to start at Level 1 or at the current module's Lowest Level.

Current Player Line-Up is:

Samurai - Shindo Tanaka & Holyhand the Life Battle Cleric  - Ullek
Witch (from Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea) (male) - Elmfra Darling - Half-Elf - Extraterritorial Erudite

We are using Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st / 2nd Edition rules.

Current Module is "DD3: Fortress of the Yuan-Ti", by WotC.

Up next will be "I1: Dwellers of the Forbidden City".

An INVITE LINK into the game will be sent to you !

Also, Please read the Role-Play Group's Social GuideLines Here: (Credit goes out to mithrandir138 for this):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_R2J_7HuG5gYVFURU1tMHZvYzg

Once you join you will also be sent a link to the game's Google+ site to join !

Spell Casters are able to use any different spell/cantrip/orison listed up to 3.5th edition currently.

Willing to let characters use any new level-up ability from 3rd to 5th edition for their class, after all other level-up abilities from 1st & 2nd edition have been gained.

You would be using this character & role-playing in the game with up to 9 other players !

There are Story Chapters for the game that gives you the story of what happened in the game so far.

If new to Roll20 or Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, please join Monday's Game prior to the actual start time of 9:30 pm ET / 5pm PT, giving yourself at least 15 minutes to a half hour to orientate yourself to the character sheet & roll20 if needed, before we start playing.

Even better if you join sooner in order to skim over the story chapters to get a gist of what is going on !

I can come on any night to help with getting you familiar with the character & roll20 if needed !

Live Gaming Sessions typically can last up to 4 - 5 hours ! ( One lasted 6 hours and 25 minutes ! )

*** Please be sure you can ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAKE, during this Live Gaming Session Time Period before joining ! ***

*** Don't be shy about interacting and role-playing with other players & characters and also be a part of the party's decision making ! ***

*** Also, you must be able to Update your character sheet when necessary !
(Such as when you acquire or deplete an item (i.e Food, Arrows, Quarrels, Sling Stones, Oil, Torches, etc.), or daily spell & equipment maintenance ). ***

This is TEXT-BASED ( You Can Still Use Voice/Video ! Though, no one has really bothered with it much).

The Area Descriptions & Character Interactions will be in TEXT, which helps in the Role-Playing, greatly speeds up game play.

It also helps create Story Chapters, which helps everyone remember what happened in the game !

Game Modules used in the Twelve Kingdoms Campaign So Far & the Experience Points Earned per character:

"1A: The Inheritance" by Mischief Inc.": Levels 1-3: 475.545 XP Total Each (9 Players)
"DCC24: Legend of the Ripper" by Goodman Games: Levels 1-3
"DF30: A Village With No Name" by Dragonsfoot: Levels 1-3: 1,031.408 (combined with "Legend of the Ripper")
"C3: Lost Island of Castanamir" by TSR: Levels 1-4: 2,212.46 XP Each (9 Players)
"Scourge of the Howling Horde" by WotC: Level 1: 536.93 XP Each
"Lair of Largash The Lurid" by Canister & Grape: Level 1-3: 429.536 XP Each
"DD1: Barrow of the Forgotten King" by WotC: Level 1-3: 2,506.88 Each
"DD2: The Sinister Spire" by WotC: Level 3-5 - 4,696.3 XP Each
"DD3: Fortress of the Yuan-Ti " by Wotc, Levels 6-8 (Not yet completed, party will head back to this)
"DNH1: Lost Temple of Forgotten Evil" by Dark Naga Adventures, Levels 4-6 - 25,642 XP / 10 = 2,564.2 XP Per Player
"JD1: Cess-Pit of the Bog-Mother", by Uni-Games, Levels 1-3; updated for 5th level characters
"DNA2: Buried Zikurat", by Dark Naga Adventures, Levels 5-6
"RL1: Craft Dungeon of Reynaldo Lazendry" Levels 1-3, Updated for Level 6 characters
"Mystery at Port Greely", by North Wind Adventures, Levels 4 to 6
"DD3: Fortress of the Yuan-Ti", Level 7
General Discussion / Re: Megadungeons
« Last post by Maegnarval on March 20, 2017, 07:26:06 PM »
Here is a Mega-Dungeon series, I found, which has a good write-up!

Stonhell Dungeon Supplement 1: The Brigand Caves
Stonehell Dungeon: Down Night Haunted Halls
Stonehell Dungeon Supplement 2: Buried Secrets
Stonehell Dungeon: Into the Heart of Hell

http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=597182
Roll for Initiative Podcast / Re: Glad to hear Chrispy's voice again
« Last post by chrispy on March 19, 2017, 11:59:24 PM »
BLUEHOLME™ / Re: BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Kickstarter
« Last post by Vile on March 17, 2017, 07:59:21 PM »
A long-awaited (and long!) update on the BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules:

https://dreamscapedesign.net/2017/03/18/journeymanne-the-art/

General Discussion / "new" old Magaizine I've never heard of before: Adventurer
« Last post by DocMindwipe on March 17, 2017, 06:03:54 PM »
Seems to be "yet another" British made magazine, from the 1st Ed/BECMI hayday era. First two issues (only ones I've skimmed so far) contained a "RoleMaster/AD&D adventure" in two parts....

So certainly seems to be another source of ideas.

https://annarchive.com/adventurer.html is where I found them. Not many issues, but it seemed semi-allright, so... happy reading, Adventurers ;)
Victorious / Optional Rules: Fatigue & Power List
« Last post by DMMike on March 16, 2017, 06:37:15 PM »
Greetings and Salutations,

I thought I'd point out a new post on the VictoriousRPG.com iste. If you use Fatigue in your Victorious games, you might find it of interest. If not, it will still give you some pointers about powers and what attributes they can be linked to.

http://victoriousrpg.com/2017/03/16/power-fatigue-list/

Your Servant,
GM Michael

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10