OSRGaming

Author Topic: The BLUEHOLME™ Project  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Vile

• XP: +9/-0
  • Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
The BLUEHOLME™ Project
« on: January 30, 2016, 08:23:18 PM »
Firstly, I must thank Dizzy for bringing back this forum as the BLUEHOLME™ home-from-home!  8)

This is a good opportunity to appraise you all of the current status of the project. As you are all no doubt aware, this spare-time self-publishing business is never as easy nor as fast as one hopes it would be. There's always some Real Life intrusion or other - family holidays must be taken, games must be played, work must be done, papers must be marked ... but still we go on!

The BLUEHOLME™ Compleat Rules manuscript is undergoing its final edit. A stalwart crew of proofreaders has picked apart every chapter, asked, "what the hell does this bit mean?", and spotted every missing Oxford comma. I hope to finish considering all of their comments relatively soon.

Once I am happy, the text must be turned into a final layout with white space so that I can start speaking to artists. I want to run a crowdfunder to finance the original artwork for the book. My problem - one of my problems - is that the original art must measure up to the standard of the Henry J. Ford public domain art in the BLUEHOLME™ Prentice Rules, which I'm sure you all agree is pretty nifty stuff. So it probably won't come that cheaply.

I have learned not to get too precise with predicted dates, but hopefully 2016 will be the year of BLUEHOLME™ Compleat Rules, at least in my little corner of the OSR universe.

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
Re: The BLUEHOLME™ Project
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 09:41:29 PM »
Awesome! I didn't realize it was so close. I understand that may still take awhile, but it is certainly exciting news!

Offline Alex Karaczun

• Master of Reality
  • XP: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Fire Born Games | Forged in Fire, Fun as Hell
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:15:16 AM »
That's great news Vile! If you need any questions answered about crowdfunding (Kickstarter), or about dealing with illustrators, I am more than willing to extend my limited expertise to aid you.

Also you are guaranteed a backer in me! I can't wait to see what you have in store!
Kalex
Dungeon Master Extraordinaire

My personal Blog:
Omens and Portents

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 09:30:04 AM »
Thank you both for your vote of confidence!  ;D

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 06:15:12 AM »
Back from a week basking in Sydney, and the proofreader-inspired edits are done. Now on to the final edit and layout.

Offline Alex Karaczun

• Master of Reality
  • XP: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Fire Born Games | Forged in Fire, Fun as Hell
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 06:27:20 AM »
Back from a week basking in Sydney, and the proofreader-inspired edits are done. Now on to the final edit and layout.

Whoo hoo!
Kalex
Dungeon Master Extraordinaire

My personal Blog:
Omens and Portents

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 11:31:52 PM »
I have just uploaded a revised PDF of the Prentice Rules to OneBookShelf. This incorporates all of the errata which was uncovered during the Journeymanne process. I also tweaked the layout and moved some sections around, so it matches its "big brother" in that regard. Oh, and I put back two classic monsters missing from the previous versions: the "octocat", and the "cave creeper" (I'll leave you to guess what they really are). As there's always the chance of typos creeping in during such a process, I'll also wait until December (same as the Journeymanne Rules) before putting Prentice on Lulu.

As an aside, I was somewhat shocked to discover that there have been over 6,000 downloads of Prentice to date ...    :o

Offline Pladohs Ghost

• XP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 05:36:19 PM »
Look what arrived....

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design