OSRGaming

Author Topic: The BLUEHOLME™ Project  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Vile

• XP: +9/-0
  • Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
The BLUEHOLME™ Project
« on: January 30, 2016, 08:23:18 PM »
Firstly, I must thank Dizzy for bringing back this forum as the BLUEHOLME™ home-from-home!  8)

This is a good opportunity to appraise you all of the current status of the project. As you are all no doubt aware, this spare-time self-publishing business is never as easy nor as fast as one hopes it would be. There's always some Real Life intrusion or other - family holidays must be taken, games must be played, work must be done, papers must be marked ... but still we go on!

The BLUEHOLME™ Compleat Rules manuscript is undergoing its final edit. A stalwart crew of proofreaders has picked apart every chapter, asked, "what the hell does this bit mean?", and spotted every missing Oxford comma. I hope to finish considering all of their comments relatively soon.

Once I am happy, the text must be turned into a final layout with white space so that I can start speaking to artists. I want to run a crowdfunder to finance the original artwork for the book. My problem - one of my problems - is that the original art must measure up to the standard of the Henry J. Ford public domain art in the BLUEHOLME™ Prentice Rules, which I'm sure you all agree is pretty nifty stuff. So it probably won't come that cheaply.

I have learned not to get too precise with predicted dates, but hopefully 2016 will be the year of BLUEHOLME™ Compleat Rules, at least in my little corner of the OSR universe.

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
Re: The BLUEHOLME™ Project
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 09:41:29 PM »
Awesome! I didn't realize it was so close. I understand that may still take awhile, but it is certainly exciting news!

Offline Alex Karaczun

• Master of Reality
  • XP: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Fire Born Games | Forged in Fire, Fun as Hell
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:15:16 AM »
That's great news Vile! If you need any questions answered about crowdfunding (Kickstarter), or about dealing with illustrators, I am more than willing to extend my limited expertise to aid you.

Also you are guaranteed a backer in me! I can't wait to see what you have in store!
Kalex
Dungeon Master Extraordinaire

My personal Blog:
Omens and Portents

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 09:30:04 AM »
Thank you both for your vote of confidence!  ;D

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 06:15:12 AM »
Back from a week basking in Sydney, and the proofreader-inspired edits are done. Now on to the final edit and layout.

Offline Alex Karaczun

• Master of Reality
  • XP: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Fire Born Games | Forged in Fire, Fun as Hell
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 06:27:20 AM »
Back from a week basking in Sydney, and the proofreader-inspired edits are done. Now on to the final edit and layout.

Whoo hoo!
Kalex
Dungeon Master Extraordinaire

My personal Blog:
Omens and Portents

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 11:31:52 PM »
I have just uploaded a revised PDF of the Prentice Rules to OneBookShelf. This incorporates all of the errata which was uncovered during the Journeymanne process. I also tweaked the layout and moved some sections around, so it matches its "big brother" in that regard. Oh, and I put back two classic monsters missing from the previous versions: the "octocat", and the "cave creeper" (I'll leave you to guess what they really are). As there's always the chance of typos creeping in during such a process, I'll also wait until December (same as the Journeymanne Rules) before putting Prentice on Lulu.

As an aside, I was somewhat shocked to discover that there have been over 6,000 downloads of Prentice to date ...    :o

Offline Pladohs Ghost

• XP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 05:36:19 PM »
Look what arrived....
Occasional freelance writer and editor.
Biggest gaming thrill: editing EGG.

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 12:14:12 AM »
Tee hee.  ;D

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 12:09:50 PM »
My copy of BLUEHOLME™ arrived today! Wow the hardback and color cover look gorgeous. Excellent work Vile! Just flipping through it definitely gave me more excitement to run Holmes than I've ever had before.

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 08:53:35 AM »
Really glad you like it, Dizzy. Honestly, I have been pleasantly surprised by the upbeat reception of the game by everyone so far. It's even got me excited again, and I wrote the thing!  :P