OSRGaming

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Biting the sour apple
« Last post by Fjw70 on Yesterday at 06:26:45 PM »
I am quite enjoying 5e as well. As much fun as I had playing BX and 1e, 5e is the game I really wanted to be playing (I just didn't know it). :)

I do love converting old BX and 1e modules for 5e. Although I am just starting my first 5e AP (atomb of Annihilation).
Roll for Initiative Podcast / Re: Volume 7 issue 196 - Campaign Beginnings
« Last post by ian54 on Yesterday at 12:49:35 PM »
Isn't Vince also "The Evil DM"? If so, why doesn't he allow evil player characters in games? Does he want all the evil to himself, like those guys who take all the cashews?
Classic D&D / Re: Monster Summoning
« Last post by ian54 on September 21, 2017, 02:14:29 PM »
What I am trying to establish is what happened to the Monster Summoning spells, I managed to find them in Greyhawk supplement but they seem to have gone, only re-emerging in Advanced. Someone pointed me at the B/X Companion, but using think that was official
General Discussion / Re: Biting the sour apple
« Last post by Lord Nikon on September 21, 2017, 12:53:29 PM »
Loving 5e, I love that I can change rules to mimic a 1e game, and it doesn't destroy the game.
Roll for Initiative Podcast / Volume 7 issue 196 - Campaign Beginnings
« Last post by Lord Nikon on September 21, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
http://rfipodcast.com/show/2017/09/20/volume-7-issue-196-campaign-beginings/
This week DMs Vince, Matt, & Chrispy are back and discuss the starting new campaigns, covering the initial campaign and PC creation, laying out house rules and more. We then open the treasure chest and find some gauntlets created by none other than the EvilDM himself. And there are just way too many mouths involved in the creature feature, as the Gibbering Mouther makes an appearance. We have all that and Frank L Baum on this week’s issue of Roll For Initiative.

Gauntlet of Dark Forces
Gold Value: 10000gp
XP Value: 5000
Upon placing this item on, the wearer may concentrate (2 Segments for action) and release a dark blast that will hit one target, no to hit roll is needed, only damage dice are rolled. Please see damage rules below for results.
If the damage dice (3d6) fall:
• On all 1’s, the character will take the damage himself (item still useable)
• On all 6’s, the damage will double, and the character is compelled to use this item the very next round again, no matter the situation and will not “pull a punch”.
Each use will expend a charge on this item. Once the charges run out, the item becomes useless, unless recharged.

The Evil DM’s Acutal Play Podcast – feeds.feedburner.com/TheEvilDmsActualPlaysPodcast

Theme Music provided with Permission, performed and produced by Gloryhammer, find them on facebook.com/gloryhammer/

Follow us on Twitter
• The Show – @RFIPodcast
• Vince – @TheEvilDM
• Matt – @Degenx

Contact us
• Email: RFIStaff@gmail.com
• Voicemail: 570-865-4210
• Patreon (early show access!): patreon.com/WGP
• Vince’s Blog: TheEvilDM.com
Roll for Initiative Podcast / Re: Volume 7 Mini Issue 10 – Too Much Gold?
« Last post by Lord Nikon on September 21, 2017, 12:48:13 PM »
For awhile I was making my players spend the gold to earn their XP so they couldn't just hoarde it. Seemed to work alright :)

hey that will work :)
Victorious / Re: Cononical Victorious?
« Last post by Maegnarval on September 20, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »
It's always cool to see what a game's author envisioned for the game's world, so give us your 'Lord of the Rings", so to speak and we will 'Peter Jackson' it!
Victorious / Cononical Victorious?
« Last post by DMMike on September 20, 2017, 04:51:31 PM »
Here's the latest site post on the Victorious page, this time considering the idea of a canonical game world:

http://victoriousrpg.com/2017/09/19/canonical-victorious-or-its-your-world-too/

Give it a read, and let us know your thoughts!

DM (Good at un-canonizing the canonical) Mike
Classic D&D / Re: Monster Summoning
« Last post by Maegnarval on September 20, 2017, 02:01:03 AM »
Looking at this spell, in order to combine the spells different stats, from OE, 1E, & 2E, try this:

Simply add into the 1E/2E spell info I posted above with this as a player option:

As a player option for the Magic-User:
If the Magic-User wants to have a creature around for 1 hour (6 Turns) then he/she can do so but range is only 10ft during initial summons and only 1 creature may be summoned.

A DM Option for this would be such that you can have the above player option take 2 daily spell slots to cast.

Another DM option would be to use the number of creatures summoned in OE, if the DM wants more of a challenge, due to the lower number of creatures summoned.
Community Creations & Kickstarters / Re: In the thick of things
« Last post by Pladohs Ghost on September 19, 2017, 08:13:49 PM »
I like your mix of classes for the basic. I think they're well rounded, and with the sub-classes still give the players some options if they want them. Would you be offering even more sub-classes in the advanced rules?
I expect to have more subclasses after a bunch of playtesting and more world-building. There are already a couple intended as optional, if the GM wants to allow for them (anti-heroes, as it were).

I like the idea of the vagabonds. Kind of more of what an adventuring thief would be rather than just a common 'thief'.
Yeah, I'm going for character types that on the face of it aren't evil or anti-social, so the folks with those skills ply their trade in more neutral fashion. I don't equate stealing from the dead and buried to be the same as stealing from the living, so tomb robbers (retrievers?) are OK. Snoops are spies that specialize in B&E for hire in the name of political machinations and the like. And those seem to be much more interesting than a random burglar from the Poor Quarter.

Would healing be done by the magicians? or would there be any magical healing at all?

There's some magic healing to be had--especially among the witches/druids--though it's unlikely to be the instantaneous healing found in most games. More likely to speed the healing process along, whether general trauma or specific wounds.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10