OSRGaming

Author Topic: What do you want to hear on the show?  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Maegnarval

• XP: +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What do you want to hear on the show?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 04:05:01 PM »
If they do 'T1-4', they ought to mention which other modules make great filler, that could be placed between the moathouse & Temple, prior to entering it.

This way your character may have a chance to defeat the 2 boss demons at the end !

Offline Lord Nikon

• Administrator
  • XP: +100/-0
  • “We can't stop here, this is bat country!”
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 08:07:54 AM »
Do T1-4 and the Lankhmar setting for 1e. That's my vote!

Yes, I have this on the list from various requests in the past month :) I like the setting.
Vincent Florio
Executive Producer of WGP Family of Podcasts
570-865-4210

Offline longfoot

• XP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 07:32:21 AM »
DM Vince,

As I was looking through my 1e books tonight, I was flipping through my Manual of the Planes. What an awesome reference book that it is, but I realized that it is about as unused as my Dungeoneers Survival Guide. BUT, there are so many good things in this book. I just never really knew how to run an adventure in the other planes.
If you guys want, I would suggest maybe a show segment from time to time where you talk about one of the planes. It would be interesting to hear ideas about how to adventure in Limbo or Tartarus or the Happy Hunting Grounds. I know that you've talked a little about the Astral Plane and the 9 hells before, as well as the elemental planes, but there are a lot of other interesting planes, with novel creatures. Just a thought, as I know you guys like to always keep things new and interesting.

Thanks!

Offline Lord Nikon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »
DM Vince,

As I was looking through my 1e books tonight, I was flipping through my Manual of the Planes. What an awesome reference book that it is, but I realized that it is about as unused as my Dungeoneers Survival Guide. BUT, there are so many good things in this book. I just never really knew how to run an adventure in the other planes.
If you guys want, I would suggest maybe a show segment from time to time where you talk about one of the planes. It would be interesting to hear ideas about how to adventure in Limbo or Tartarus or the Happy Hunting Grounds. I know that you've talked a little about the Astral Plane and the 9 hells before, as well as the elemental planes, but there are a lot of other interesting planes, with novel creatures. Just a thought, as I know you guys like to always keep things new and interesting.

Thanks!

hmm now that sounds like a sound plan. :)
Vincent Florio
570-865-4210

Offline ian54

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 09:07:14 AM »
Manual of the Planes.

Awesome book, great suggestion.

Point of note: I think Vince got the Astral Plane time dilation rules wrong when he mentioned a campaign he used it in in one RFI episode, it might be just how he judged it so this is not a complaint, I'd just suggest reading up on this to get it "by the book".

Offline longfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 01:00:49 PM »
I'm still hoping that the RFI crew runs with these podcast ideas. I continue to think that they would be great topics to the show.

Offline Lord Nikon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 05:06:37 PM »
Manual of the Planes.

Awesome book, great suggestion.

Point of note: I think Vince got the Astral Plane time dilation rules wrong when he mentioned a campaign he used it in in one RFI episode, it might be just how he judged it so this is not a complaint, I'd just suggest reading up on this to get it "by the book".

Oh did I? I am sorry! I am not a by the book type person at all, so I may have just winged it. Thank you for correcting me :)
Vincent Florio
570-865-4210

Offline DM Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 08:16:30 PM »
I'm listening to Blackstone's Ghost Tower of Inverness review, and it's excellent. Is  Blackstone a separate podcast that you broadcast, or are these special editions of RFI? If it's a separate podcast I want to subscribe, but I can't seem to locate it.

Also, I'd like to suggest an episode on the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth.  It's one of my favorite 1E modules.  I actually used it as the setting for the adventures I ran in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I hate pickles."

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • XP: +9/-0
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 08:36:49 PM »
Blackstone's Vault is typically just a segment of the RFI podcast. They occured much more often in the first 100 issues it seems. I believe they already did S4 much earlier. In the first 50 issues if I remember correctly.

Offline DM Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 10:20:29 AM »
Blackstone's Vault is typically just a segment of the RFI podcast. They occured much more often in the first 100 issues it seems. I believe they already did S4 much earlier. In the first 50 issues if I remember correctly.

I started wondering if that was the case after I posted my question.  I listen in the car, so I will sometimes miss pieces of podcasts. 

I'll dig back through the archives for a review on S4... thanks for the tip.
"I hate pickles."

Offline DM Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 11:52:02 AM »
I dug back through the early episodes and found:

Issue 22 -- White Plume Mountain
Issue 41 -- Expedition to the Barrier Peaks
Issue 44 -- Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I hate pickles."

Offline Lord Nikon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 08:30:00 AM »
blackstone's vault is a special, Nick doesn't always have time to do them, so when we get them, people really dig them!
Vincent Florio
570-865-4210

Offline longfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 04:14:39 PM »
Still hoping you can do the Lankhmar setting on one episode. Also, I had sent an email about covering the the Book of Lairs. Hope you guys can do both of those in 2017. Happy New Year!

Offline GMWestermeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 05:09:29 PM »
I'm new to the podcast, and it is hard to see from the website what has and has not been covered.

The module reviews are best, more of those please. I would especially like to see the U series reviewed. I think you reviewed the L series already.

I have to say "hear-hear" to the Lankhmar suggestion, spot on!

Is DM Nick Blackstone from the Kenzerco forums? He probably remembers me.

Offline ian54

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 08:04:33 AM »
The show has been getting back to the "core" rulebooks, still within AD&D, keep going, we have Dungeoneers and Wilderness Survival Guides to get through! Then OA and even Dragonlance!!