OSRGaming

Author Topic: So did the Math...Its been 5 years in development  (Read 7999 times)

Offline Mojo

• XP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
So did the Math...Its been 5 years in development
« on: April 20, 2017, 04:13:44 PM »
Hello all! Mojo here taking a break from my game design. I had really lost track of time spent in game development, until the wife in frustration reminded me that it has been 5 years. I am still revising, having weekly meetings with my play test groups which is up to 21 now. Crazy right? I have given myself deadlines only to se them go past because I was knee deep in a revision.
of
As you all know my table top fantasy rpg is not an attempt to reinvent the wheel, but to make the game super easy to learn & play.  I am targeting people that have never played a table top rpg before. I know in the years that I have been working on this game, other games have come out. A point my wife keeps reminding me of. But my work still continues.
I have been working on a new approach to magical armor. So far it is going over well in the play test groups, & I am excited about it. I have also been working on the GM section of the book, getting spells for the 3 type of magic users re-tooled, finishing out the gods both major & minor, and working on the monsters & monster builder section of the rule book.
I know it has been a while since I left one of my epic long winded posts, so I thought it was time for one.
Health is still not doing good, so I am trying very hard to get this rule book done for my latest deadline which is Christmas. Back to the grind stone. I will still post it to this site for free for a limited time as my way of saying thanks for those that helped.
The name of the game is Wyldland and so far is even grognard osr approved. talk to you later.
Worry not for the treasure, for it does not worry for you- Brother Broham Dwarvan Cleric of the Forger of Souls.

Offline DMMike

• Show Hosts
  • XP: +6/-0
    • View Profile
    • Victorious RPG
Re: So did the Math...Its been 5 years in development
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:34:36 PM »
It finishes when it finishes, that's what I learned from Victorious. Best of luck, it sonds like you've given yourself quite a goal...!

DM (Good at finishing game designs...mostly) Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Offline Vile

• XP: +9/-0
  • Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
Re: So did the Math...Its been 5 years in development
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 02:10:38 AM »