OSRGaming

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: How to grow the Forums
« Last post by longfoot on Today at 01:48:39 PM »
Part of it could be that the podcasts aren't posted much anymore.
These things run their course over the years, but for the most part, the podcasting isn't what it used to be.
It was good in it's hey-day.
« Last post by DMMike on Today at 11:21:37 AM »
Discussion comes in waves. There'll he quite a bit every few days. It is definitely down from our prime, but forums in general are dying. The wipe last year certainly didn't help.

Yeah, I suppose that with the advent of social media sites such as G+ and fb, neither of which I participate in thank you very much, forums have taken a hit.  I guess even with this I'm a bit old school.  I prefer forums over those other offerings.
+1... I work online, so I spend enough time on the computer just doing my job and writing. If I added FB or G+, I'd never get anything done. I see how much time of Liz's goes away into the FB trap, and no thanks!

Pity about forums though, but I agree. All the forums I participate in have gone down in post frequency; even dragonsfoot. :(

DM (Good at time management?) Mike

« Last post by angelicdoctor on Today at 07:47:21 AM »
Discussion comes in waves. There'll he quite a bit every few days. It is definitely down from our prime, but forums in general are dying. The wipe last year certainly didn't help.

Yeah, I suppose that with the advent of social media sites such as G+ and fb, neither of which I participate in thank you very much, forums have taken a hit.  I guess even with this I'm a bit old school.  I prefer forums over those other offerings.
With luck we can get Bob B. jr. on the show to talk more JG goodness! ;)

DM (Good at rapidly blowing the monthly schedule) Mike

That would be a most welcome thing.  Thank you.
« Last post by Dizzy on Today at 12:45:02 AM »
Save for Half Podcast / Re: Save For Half Episode 05: Top Secret by TSR
« Last post by Dizzy on Today at 12:42:06 AM »
Awesome! Can't wait to listen when I'm home from Italy!
General Discussion / Re: My D&D Anniversary
« Last post by Fjw70 on Yesterday at 07:04:17 PM »
It's been about 10 years since I re-entered gaming. My original gaming career was from 82 to 89 then 18 years later it started up again. :)

Why the gap, if you don't mind me asking?  I had  brief period of time when I stopped shortly after the birth of my second child and had become simply too busy with both career and parenting.

I graduated from HS in 88 and joined the army. So I guess Christmas break of 88 was when phase one ended (my HS friends were home from college and I was home from the Army). I did pick up the 2e core books when I finished basic training in early 89 and tried to get my new army friends interested but couldn't find any takers. I did eventually find an RPG group on base but I didn't really like those guys so I only played with them once.

After the Army I was working full time and going to college full time and my HS gaming buddies all lived far away.  So I just never got back into it. I did pick up the 3e players handbook when it was released in 2000. I was interested but didn't know anyone that played then.

Then in 2005 I picked up a minis board game called Heroscape for my oldest son and I to play, and I thought this kind of reminds me of D&D. So I eventually bought some old 1e books and Moldvay basic off of eBay and started playing with my son a little. But I didn't start playing on a regular basis until 2008 when 4e was released. I actually played 3.5 for a few months until that group broke up and I started running some 4e.

In hindsight I should have tried harder to find a group to play with but I wasn't aware of game stores where people played until the WotC stores opened in the malls (I did get my Dragon Magazize CDs there).
Save for Half Podcast / Re: Save for Half Episode 4 1/2: "Judges Guild Seminar"
« Last post by DMMike on Yesterday at 06:56:01 PM »
With luck we can get Bob B. jr. on the show to talk more JG goodness! ;)

DM (Good at rapidly blowing the monthly schedule) Mike
Save for Half Podcast / Save For Half Episode 05: Top Secret by TSR
« Last post by DMMike on Yesterday at 06:54:40 PM »
Save For Half Episode 05: Top Secret by TSR

Get your trench coats and code books, this show the Halflings enter the murky world of Cold War espionage with 1980s Top Secret RPG from TSR. DM Liz takes the reins as lead host, and wonÕt give it back! Thrills, chills, and treachery abounds as we strive to answer the question Can an Old School RPG have too many tables?

It's all here at: http://saveforhalf.com/

Links mentioned in this show:

Amazon  - Top Secret box set
https://www.amazon.com/Top-Secret-Espionage-Role-Playing-Game/dp/0880383488

Gygax FBI Report
http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/15/dd-creator-gary-gygaxs-fbi-records-make

Don't forget to drop us an email at saveforhalfpodcast(at)gmail.com to give your opinions of the show!

Be sure to check out our forums at:

Save for Half at Original D&D Forums
http://odd74.proboards.com/board/77/save-half-podcast

Save for Half at OSRGaming
http://www.osrgaming.org/forums/index.php?board=37.0

« Last post by Rafael Beltrame on Yesterday at 06:44:45 PM »
and the sad thing is, the foruns are pretty much dead, right?

Are they?  I've just returned to the forums after a long hiatus.  I hope that we can continue to discuss the hobby with some regularity and sustained interest.  The podcasts are what should be keeping this going.

i dont know, i mean, i look here, and it seems that no one talks, hehe.
i got here because i was loving the old Save or Die podcast, and went to some save for half ones. now im here, but i dont see much talk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10