OSRGaming

Author Topic: WEG Star Wars Rereleased by FFG  (Read 222 times)

Offline Fjw70

• XP: +4/-0
    • View Profile

Offline Lord Nikon

• Administrator
  • XP: +100/-0
  • “We can't stop here, this is bat country!”
    • View Profile
Re: WEG Star Wars Rereleased by FFG
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 07:09:01 AM »
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/16/dont-underestimate-the-force/

Just saw this.. great.. now the 1e book prices will be driven up. I liked that they were less then $10. :/
Vincent Florio
Executive Producer of WGP Family of Podcasts
570-865-4210

Offline Solo4114

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/16/dont-underestimate-the-force/

Just saw this.. great.. now the 1e book prices will be driven up. I liked that they were less then $10. :/

Eh, I wouldn't count on that.  They've been hovering around $10-20 for individual books on ebay for a while now.  But you can still buy them in lots and get them for lower prices if you're willing to pay more for the lot.  Like, I won an auction with something like 19 books for $150. 

The books themselves aren't rare.  Even so, there are...other sources out there for the books, if you choose to go that route.

Offline Alex Karaczun

• Master of Reality
  • XP: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Fire Born Games | Forged in Fire, Fun as Hell
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 12:07:52 PM »

Odd. I would think just the opposite would occur. They aren't really rare to begin with, but having even more of them out there should drive the price down, no? Maybe I am missing some weird dynamic of collector mentality that I as a collector do not posses. :)
Kalex
Dungeon Master Extraordinaire

My personal Blog:
Omens and Portents

Offline Dizzy

• The Warden
  • Administrator
  • XP: +9/-0
  • Musician/Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Dizzys Dungeon
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 10:53:06 AM »
The only thing I could think of is if it gets really popular, than people will be buying them up? or maybe if they make it difficult to distinguish between the original and the new one. I'm looking forward to it either way.

Offline Solo4114

• XP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 06:16:25 AM »
That's possible, I suppose, but honestly, there's a few auctions going pretty much all the time.  The only one that seems to be rare-ish/expensive is the 2nd edition revised version.  1e still seems to list at between $10-30, depending on the auction.