OSRGaming

Author Topic: Monster Mythology Update Project  (Read 3015 times)

Offline AuldDragon

• XP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Koriel the Vigilant
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 04:10:26 PM »
Koriel the Vigilant is the patron of the ki-rin and t’uen-rin, as well as other powerful paragons of law and good. He is a wandering power, constantly working to foil the forces of evil throughout the outer planes, while sending his followers to face evil on the Prime Material Plane. He has only a small number of humanoid followers, who look to Koriel as a model of their behavior.

I’ve also revised my previous Jazirian entry and added a shamanistic humanoid cult.

Jeff
Spelljammer Livestream Campaign | My 2nd Edition Blog
"That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."

Offline AuldDragon

• View Profile
Anguileusis the Abiding One
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 12:32:52 PM »
Anguileusis the Abiding One is the imprisoned patron deity of the Anguiliians, eel-like deep sea humanoids with some sort of connection to Sahuagin. The Anguiliians were first presented in the product Sea Devils, but there wasn’t a great deal about them in that book; they received more details in the last of the adventures that accompanied that product, Sea of Blood, which also introduced their imprisoned patron. Anguileusis can be used in a time-traveling campaign, or he could be released through the above-mentioned adventure.

Jeff
"That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."

Offline AuldDragon

• View Profile
Surminare the Selkie Queen
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »
Surminare the Selkie Queen is the peaceful and gentle goddess of the selkies. She is a member of the asathalfinare, the loose alliance of aquatic deities headed by Deep Sashelas. She is not a warrior, but fights bravely to defend those she loves.

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 02:10:21 PM by AuldDragon »

Offline AuldDragon

• View Profile
Stillsong the Singing Sphere
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 10:51:08 AM »
Stillsong is a very unusual entity, apparently transitioning from one state to another. What he was before, and what he is to become is unknown. He grants no spells and has no priesthood, and represents a wandering benevolent force throughout the planes.

Jeff

Offline AuldDragon

• View Profile
Syranita, Mistress of the Aarakocra
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »
The only non-aquatic member of Deep Sashelas’s asathalfinare, Syranita, Mistress of the Aarakocra is the protector-goddess of the aarakocra. She is an excellent diplomat, and is always on the look out for new allies to help protect her gentle race.

Jeff
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:04:30 AM by AuldDragon »

Offline AuldDragon

• View Profile
Ilxendren the Demonray
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 10:49:31 AM »
Ilxendren the Demonray was originally introduced in the 2nd Edition boxed-set adventure Night Below, along with the subterranean fresh water variant of the ixitxachitl, the ixzan. To a certain extant, Ilxendren represents the most dangerous threat to Demogorgon’s mortal power base, for unlike that tanar’ri power, Ilxendren shares many traits and elements with the devil fish themselves.

Jeff

Offline AuldDragon

• View Profile
Laogzed the Devourer
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 11:59:56 PM »
Perhaps one of the few deities who can rival the disgusting nature of Vaprak is the patron of troglodytes, Laogzed the Devourer. While he grants spells to the troglodytes, he did not create them, and cares little for their welfare, granting spells simply because he doesn’t care enough not to. He is shunned by most other powers, and used as a divine disposal by those willing to deal with him or willing to risk getting close.

Jeff

Offline AuldDragon

• View Profile
Parrafaire the Naga Prince
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 11:08:03 AM »
Parrafaire the Naga Prince is one of the more unusual deities, as he is a servitor of many other powers more than one who has active concerns of his own. He is a guardian of secrets and items of power, but his guardianship is not absolute. He designs traps, tricks, and riddles to test those who search for his charges in order to determine only those he deems worthy gain them. His few worshipers similarly focus on guardianship, although with a much lower focus on testing those who search for their wards.

Jeff

Offline AuldDragon

• View Profile
Water Lion the Sharkslayer
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »
Water Lion the Sharkslayer is an unusual and mysterious deity who wanders the planes for reasons unknown, although there are many theories about his purpose. He has only a small and dispersed following among the aquatic races, mostly loners and hunters.

Jeff

Offline AuldDragon

• View Profile
Quorlinn the Filcher
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 08:52:58 PM »
The patron of the kenku, Quorlinn the Filcher, is one of the more interesting deities in the AD&D game, because he’s not terribly comfortable having the responsibilities of godhood that have been thrust upon him. This isn’t exactly a rare situation, however; what makes Quorlinn different is that he was never a mortal like most of those who share those feelings. It creates a much more interesting deity, as does the merging of eastern and western elements that kenku represent.

Jeff

Offline AuldDragon

• View Profile
Sekolah the Great Shark
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 05:05:04 PM »
Sekolah the Great Shark is the patron of the so-called Sea Devils, one of the greatest scourges of the deeps and the shallows. He did not create them, instead having adopted them as his chosen when he discovered them on one of his many great hunts among all the seas of the worlds, and molded them into the powerful and dangerous society they are today.

Jeff